1. The driver of a car or a special vehicle with a maximum authorised mass exceeding 3,500 kilograms will drive on the road and not on the hard shoulder, except for emergency reasons. In addition, they must comply with the following rules:
A) On roads with two way traffic and two lanes, separated or not by road markings, you will drive in right-hand lane.
B) On two way roads with three lanes separated by broken longitudinal lines, you will also drive in the one on your right and, in no case, in the one furthest on your left.
On these roads, the central lane will only be used to carry out any necessary overtaking and when turning left.
2. Cases of driving on the left, in the opposite direction to the one stipulated, will be considered as very serious infractions as is stipulated in article 65.5.f) of the associated text.
SECTION 2 USE OF LANES
- Article 31 Use of lanes, out of town, on roads with more than one lane for the same direction of travel
- Article 32 Use of lanes, outside of town, on roads with three or more lanes for the same direction of travel
- Article 33 Use of lanes, in town, on roads with more than one lane reserved for the same direction of travel
- Article 34 Lane count
- Article 35 Use of lanes according to the speed indicated and those reserved for certain vehicles and certain manoeuvres