Article 47 Maximum and minimum permitted speeds
The road authority shall display, by means of corresponding signs, the specific speed limits that apply according to the characteristics of that section of the road. In the absence of any specific signs, the normal rules for that type of road will comply.
The autonomous body Central Traffic Headquarters or, where appropriate, the regional or local authority responsible for the regulation and control of traffic, when the traffic conditions require, may set speed limitations on a temporary basis with the corresponding signs or variable signalling.
SECTION 1 SPEED LIMITS
- Article 45 Adaptation of speed to the circumstances
- Article 46 Moderation of speed – Cases
- Article 48 Maximum speeds on roads out of town
- Article 49 Minimum permitted speeds in and out of towns and villages
- Article 50 Speed limits on urban roads and crossings
- Article 51 Maximum permitted speeds when overtaking
- Article 52 Management of speeds