1. All drivers must exercise caution and reduce speed below the maximum when approaching a level crossing or a moveable bridge (article 40.1 of the articulated text).
2. Users who find level crossings or moveable bridges closed or with the barrier or semi-barrier in motion when approaching should stop one after the other in the corresponding lane until they can pass (article 40.2 of the articulated text).
3. The crossing of railways must be carried out without delay and after having ascertained that, due to the circumstances of traffic or for other reasons that there is no risk of getting stuck within the passage (article 40.3 of the articulated text).
4. When using level crossings and moveable bridges, drivers must use the appropriate signage in the manner provided in articles 144, 146 and 149.
5. Tunnels of any length and underpasses whose length exceeds 200 metres will be duly indicated.
6. In tunnels or underpasses, the driver must rigorously apply all the traffic rules related to them contained in this regulation and especially those related to the prohibition to stop, park, change the direction of movement, reverse and overtake. In addition, drivers must use the correct illumination.
When the driver does not intend to overtake, a safe distance must be maintained at all times with the preceding vehicle of at least 100 metres or a minimum interval of four seconds. In the case of vehicles with a maximum authorised mass of more than 3,500 kilograms, the safe distance that must be kept with the preceding vehicle should be at least 150 metres or a minimum safety interval of six seconds.
In tunnels or underpasses with traffic in both directions, overtaking is prohibited, unless there is more than one lane in the direction of movement, which can be overtaken without invading the opposite direction.
7. At all times, drivers and users travelling through a tunnel or underpass must obey the indications of traffic lights and variable message panels, and follow the instructions that they receive through public address systems or any other means.