Article 40 Reversible traffic lanes
1. On two-lane roads, when the broken double line markings delimit a lane on both sides, this indicates that the lane is reversible, i.e. traffic can be regulated in one direction or the other by means of traffic lights or other means. Drivers travelling in these lanes must use at least dipped headlights on their vehicles, both day and night, in accordance with the provisions of article 104.
Driving in a reversible traffic lane without the flow permitting arrow or head lights being on, will be punished as a serious infraction.
2. Drivers of vehicles moving in the opposite direction to that stipulated will be guilty of serious infractions, as stated in article 65.5.f) of said text.
SECTION 4 SPECIAL DIVERSIONS OF TRAFFIC FLOW AND THE USE OF ROADS, LANES & HARD SHOULDERS
- Article 37 Special traffic regulation for safety reasons or traffic flow
- Article 38 Travel on motorways (autopistas and autovías)
- Article 39 Traffic flow limitations
- Article 41 Lanes used for traffic moving in the opposite direction from usual
- Article 42 Additional traffic lanes in certain situations