Article 56 Marked Intersections
1. At intersections preference is always shown by regulating signs.
2. Drivers of vehicles when approaching an intersection controlled by a traffic agent, must stop their vehicles when so ordered in accordance with Article 143.
3. All drivers of vehicles approaching an intersection controlled by traffic lights must act in accordance with regulations set out in Article 146.
4. Drivers of vehicles approaching an intersection with traffic priority signs or drivers of vehicles on roads indicating priority over other traffic will have priority over oncoming vehicles or those vehicles coming from another direction.
5. At intersections where a “give way” or “mandatory stop” sign is displayed, drivers will always give way to vehicles travelling on the principal road, regardless of the side from which they are approaching, stopping completely when necessary and always when indicated by the corresponding signs.
6. Infringement of rules relating to traffic priority will be considered as serious