Article 72 Obligations of drivers who enter the traffic flow
1. The driver of a vehicle stopped or parked on a road or coming from the access roads to it, its service areas or an adjacent property, who intends to join the traffic flow, must first make sure, even following the signals of another person, if necessary, who can do so without danger to other users, giving way to other vehicles and taking into account the position, course and speed of these, and will advise that with the obligatory signals for these cases. If the road you are entering has an acceleration lane, the driver who joins that road will make sure to do so with speed suitable to the road.
2. Whenever a driver leaves a public road onto an exclusively private road, they must first make sure that they can do it without danger to anyone and carry it out at a speed that allows them to stop immediately, giving way to vehicles that are travelling on it, whatever the direction in which they are doing it.
3. A driver who joins traffic will use indicators to notify the manoeuvre in the manner provided in article 109.
4. On roads provided with an acceleration lane, the driver of a vehicle that intends to use it to enter the road must ensure, at the beginning of said lane, that they can do so without danger to other users passing through said road, taking into account the position, course and speed of these, and even stopping, if necessary. They will then accelerate until reaching the appropriate speed at the end of the acceleration lane to join the traffic on the road.
5. Instances of joining traffic without giving way to other vehicles will be considered serious infractions, as provided in article 65.4.c) of the stated text.