Article 51 Maximum permitted speeds when overtaking
This rule no longer applies after the 2022 update to the Law.
1.The maximum speeds set for roads that do not run on urban land can only be exceeded by 20 kilometres per hour by cars and motorcycles when they overtake other vehicles travelling at a lower speed.
Remember that on the motorway it is forbidden to go over the limit. That is to say that exceeding the maximum speed limit of 120 kilometres per hour would be sanctionable (police report).
2. Infractions to these norms will be considered as serious as previously stated in article 65.4.c), unless they are considered very serious.
SECTION 1 SPEED LIMITS
- Article 45 Adaptation of speed to the circumstances
- Article 46 Moderation of speed – Cases
- Article 47 Maximum and minimum permitted speeds
- Article 48 Maximum speeds on roads out of town
- Article 49 Minimum permitted speeds in and out of towns and villages
- Article 50 Speed limits on urban roads and crossings
- Article 52 Management of speeds